As the trade association dedicated to promoting the preservation and advancement of Ohio’s non-alcoholic beverage industry, the Ohio Beverage Association (formerly the Ohio Soft Drink Association) is the voice for bottling firms, manufacturers and beverage companies across Ohio. Ohio Bev’s work creates a unified body within the beverage industry to support legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry, while supplying the public and policymakers with timely and accurate information.
Ohio’s beverage industry is a growing business that employs thousands of workers throughout the state, invests in communities and contributes more than one billion dollars annually in state and federal taxes. Our members offer consumers a myriad of brands, flavors and packaging choices and a full range of drink options: soft drinks, diet soft drinks, ready-to-drink teas, bottled waters, water beverages, 100 percent juice, juice drinks, sports drinks and energy drinks.
Collectively, our members have taken action and embraced innovation. Our efforts have cut calories in beverages and promoted the importance of a balanced diet and exercise in schools. We have made environmental stewardship a priority in industry operations, while searching for more ways to become even more environmentally conscious. We strive to communicate more effectively about our products and how they fit into a balanced lifestyle.
Please explore our site and learn more about Ohio’s beverage industry.
Recent Blog Posts
- Beyond Earth Day (4/25/2019) - My work with Ohio’s non-alcoholic beverage industry takes me to some interesting places. I love touring our production facilities (yep, seeing soda made is as fun as it sounds) sampling new beverages, chatting with warehouse managers about their challenges and witnessing our members’ dedication to conserving vital resources. Every day is Earth Day in an ... MORE
- Taking the Time for Conversation (3/26/2019) - Is face to face conversation dead? Not according to over 100 of our OhioBev members. On March 13, our industry held its annual Legislative Day at the statehouse. We arranged individual meetings for our members with 97 percent of the Ohio General Assembly. This effort always pays dividends--conversation still beats impersonal emails, tweets and Instagram ... MORE
- Dear Elected Officials: Make Actions Match Words (2/21/2019) - Ohio is home to nearly 10,000 jobs for my members in the non-alcoholic beverage industry. Their collective power infuses Ohio with $6.4 billion in direct economic benefits. And in a state with leaders at all levels of government asking employers what they need to thrive in Ohio, the answer for our industry is surprisingly simple: ... MORE
- Anniversary Gifts You Can’t Return (1/23/2019) - This time last year I wrote about the anniversary of Philadelphia’s regressive soda tax. And while I don’t love recycling blog topics, I can’t let the second anniversary of this unvoted tax go unnoticed. So how does city government top a 1,192-job loss and $80 million free fall in GDP? More lost sales and shuttered ... MORE
- Service and the Dignity of Work (12/12/2018) - Two things had me digging through my father’s military scrapbook. First, we recently profiled a few military veterans working in our member companies. Secondly, I have struggled with the 20th anniversary of my father’s death. The confluence of the two got me thinking about service and the dignity of work. My father was a paratrooper ... MORE
Want Things Cleared Up?
Visit Let’s Clear It Up, a new website created by America’s beverage companies, to clear things up about the products we make. Read, learn and share the clarity!